Monday, December 3, 2018

Monday Funnies...

Hey Elflings!

So I just said something hilarious that I want to share with you. Well, it wasn't so much what I said as how ironic it was... :P

First you're gonna need the backstory:
A few years ago, some of my friends and I were playing in our church parking lot. There were some Magnolia trees at the edge of the asphalt, and I picked up one of the big pinecone-like thingys and proceeded to throw it at one of the boys (of course). This immediately started what we have ever after called *cue dramatic music* THE PINECONE WAR.  After "firing the first shot", I calmly walked away in slow motion wearing sunglasses as the war exploded in flames behind me. and didn't throw another pinecone or take any other part in the war for as long as it lasted.


Now, for the Funny:

Today, my sister was doing her Famous Men of Greece exercises and I was listening to her discuss it with my mom. They were trying to figure out who "the Trojan champion and prince" was (turns out it was Hector), and I said,
"I'll tell you one thing though, it wasn't Paris! Sure, he was a prince and all, but not a champion by any means. Nobody really liked him, not even the Trojans. Imagine the nerve of that guy, to go off and start a war and then not take part in it!"

.............

.............

...and then I remembered what I had done years earlier, and almost died laughing.


Have you ever done anything silly like that? What was it? I'd love to know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading my post here on The Life Of An Elf! I hope you liked it.
I only ask that when you comment, you will be respectful and kind, and not use any rude or vulgar language. These, and spam, will not be tolerated here. Thanks!
~Lacy