Thursday, July 18, 2019

TOLKIEN

*drumrollllllllllllllll*

*bah-dum-tshhhhhhhhhh*

Hello hello my Elflings!!!! Time for that super fun and rather overdue post about...
TOLKIEN!!!!!!

Borrowed from TheOneRing.net :)

Who's excited??? I sure am!!!


WARNING:
You will probably see a lot of italics, caps, and bold letters in this post. That's digital fangirling. :P
ALSO. I might accidentally give some spoilers. Oh well. :P






So first let's break down what I liked about this awesome movie.

LIKE
EVERYTHING??

1: The movie was very well done.
This movie was done very well in the way that their CGIs were uh-mazing. I just can't get over how cool it was. GAH. I'm trying not to start randomly banging on the keyboard by way of digital fangirling, but it's hard. ACK.

2: They included the TCBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUDE. HOW FUN WOULD IT BE TO HAVE THREE GUY FRIENDS WHO JUST GO TO THIS SUPER AMAZING PLACE CALLED BARROW'S STORES AND TALK BOOKS AND DRINK TEA AND ACT UP IN A PHILOSOPHICAL WAY?????? Oh. My. Gosh. 
So the TCBS (Tea Club, Barrovian Society) was basically Tolkien's buddy club, where he and his friends from King Edward's school in Birmingham, England, would go and hang out. There were nine, apparently, according to this website called Tolkien Gateway, (LIKE NINE PEOPLE IN THE FELLOWSHIP ASJDFLKSADJFLKSDAJFLKSDA) but the movie showed only four, including Tolkien. The other three were Christopher Wiseman, Geoffrey Bache Smith, and Robert Gilson. All of them were HILARIOUS in the movie. GAH IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUUUUUUUUUUUN.


3: His relationship with Edith was portrayed as very sweet and chaste (for Hollywood :P)
You wouldn't expect Hollywood to go easy on the romance, would you?? Well, in this case I can say they did a pretty good job of keeping it clean. Other than the fact that their first kiss was rather... intense. :P


4: For the most part, all the children/young adults were RESPECTFUL TO THEIR ELDERS. 
Finally, Disney got something right. Tolkien and his four buddies did "defy" authority once or twice in the movie, but THEY DID IT RESPECTFULLY. They always gave their reasons for why they wanted this or did that, and they didn't try to say "I'm right and you're wrong, Mom/Dad/Other authority, so shut up and stop being such a KILLJOY". Applause for Disney. Thank you.

5: THE COSTUMES.
AAAAAAAA MY GOSH. THE. COSTUMES. 
I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG CENTURY.
Actually I was born in the whole entire wrong WORLD, am I right. I belong with the Elves in Middle Earth. Ahem. 



And now!! What I didn't like about Tolkien.

.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



1: They left out how Tolkien's Catholic faith was a MAAAAAJOR part of his life.
Darn. This one's a real bummer. They did show him and his fellow schoolmates singing "Immortal, Invisible, God only Wise", but Tolkien was kinda like... off in La La Land? xD the expression on his face CERTAINLY wasn't one of paying attention. And they sorta made his priest-guardian grumpy. Well. He was an old man, and he was human. Idk. As long as it isn't taken to the extreme. I'M WATCHIN U DISNEY



And... that's it?

That's it!!!!!!

Well! I feel like this post should be longer because I made y'all look for so long. But. *shrug* :)


Image result for tolkien movie gifs

ANYWAY. Did this post satisfy your craving? I hope so because *melts on the floor* I am dead. Blegh. Dead.

Image result for blood blood blood and death gif
^^my current situation :P
anyway Lacy out 
Oh, and be ready for a post that we all may or may not have forgotten was forthcoming. :P


UGH NOW I NEED A SMOOTHIE

2 comments:

  1. I have been DYING to see this movie (even if the Catholic faith was pretty much written out, which bums me). IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, AAAA you should totally see it!!! It is SOOOOOO worth it, even *if* the Faith isn't really considered. ALSKDFJSDFKLJKLF *sits on lid of fangirl basket*

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for reading my post here on The Life Of An Elf! I hope you liked it.
I only ask that when you comment, you will be respectful and kind, and not use any rude or vulgar language. These, and spam, will not be tolerated here. Thanks!
~Lacy