Friday, August 2, 2019

Fun With Google Translate Ep. 1

Hey Elflings!!

So..... on YouTube there's this HILARIOUS channel I found recently called Translator Fails, which is where this lady takes song lyrics/other stuff, runs it through Google Translate for all it's worth, then translates it back to English.

The results will SLAY YOU. I know that I just about died watching her videos!!

So that gave me an idea....
...what if I did that?

I did it
AND IT WAS SO WORTH IT OH MY WORRRRRRRD


So I took the song "Hello" from Adele (mainly because the it was the one on Translator Fails that killed me the most... plus it's a catchy song for some reason...)

Related image
CATCHY CATCHY IT'S SUCH A CATCHY SONG

ANYWAY I translated it to Latin. 
And for all of us who know ACTUAL LATIN and have ever tried to use Google Translate for something... 

SUFFICE IT TO SAY I'M DEAD SO ANYWAY


Step One:



Step Two:



Step Three:



Step Four:

And after Step Four, I hit this leetle switchy button thingy right here in the middle:

And let the fun begin. >:D

Here are the "lyrics", translated to and back from Latin. xD just don't die!!

There and Back Again: How Google Translate Managed to Completely Butcher Us While Still Keeping *some* of the Song "Hello" by Adele, by The Lyrics to Said Song.

Hello, it's me
After all these years, I was wondering if you'd like to meet
That in all                                                                  
They say that time was supposed to heal boys           
But it is not as far as possible the health of the
Hello, do you hear me?
I'm not used to that California dream                        
When we were younger and free
For the sense of how much of the field, she fell down at his feet, I am leaving the world and on us,
There is such a difference between us
And a million miles away
Hello from other
I have not said a thousand times
I'm sorry for you
For all that has I have made the
I will never call                                                  
It is home
Hello from abroad
I tried to say, at least I can not
I'm sorry for you
Since breaking the heart
But neither is it, as a thing is
I will not attack you
Hello, you?
So typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you are well
Do not you, always be that which is through the town,
The result was that he had never done?
There is no secret's
What we have to do both
He who runs from the time that
Hail, then, on the other side (the other side)
I have not said a thousand times (thousands)                  
I'm sorry for you
For all that has I have made the
I will never call
It is home
Hello from the outside (outside)
I, indeed, I am not able to say, than the effort to (I highly recommend)  
I'm sorry for you
Since breaking the heart
But neither is it, as a thing is
I will not attack you
Oh anymore
Oh anymore
Oh anymore
weekend
Hello from the next (second)
I have not said a thousand times (thousands)
I'm sorry for you
For all that has I have made the
I will never call
It is home
Hello from the outside (outside)
I, indeed, I am not able to say, than the effort to (I highly recommend)
I'm sorry for you
Since breaking the heart
But neither is it, as a thing is
I will not attack you




I will not attack you??
......I'm sorry what xD  I guess that's good to know



Man, if I had Grammarly on my computer it would take one look at these lyrics and short-circut LOL
all those unfinished sentences
and "weekend" just randomly stuck in there??? i can't even 



Duuuuuuuuude. I am Dead. D-E-D, Dead. 

ANYWAY this was a super random post but I enjoyed it and I hope you get a laugh out of it (as I highly recommend :P did)!

Comment below if you want to see more episodes of Fun With Google Translate!!
Oh and go check out Translator Fails on YT!! 
ALSO IF YOU HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OTHER SONG TRANSLATES I COULD DO TELL ME IN THE COMMENTSSSS

*Lacy out*


and was I the only one whose day was made watching Lego Batman floss....?

6 comments:

  1. THIS. IS. HYSTERICAL.
    "I, indeed, I am not able to say, than the effort to (I highly recommend)"
    - Literally Me Trying to Talk XD

    Loved this post, Lacy! And YES, Translator Fails is EPIC. (If you’re into Hamilton, the Hamilton stuff they have is amazing. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I KNOW *dies of laughter* I was like "(I highly recommend)?? lol no one told me this was a sales commercial" xDDDDDDD And also the part "They say that time was supposed to heal boys" like OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BOYS?

      I saw the Hamilton one and OMWORD. ALexander Lukashenco??????? llllllllloooooooolllllll

      Delete
  2. Dear me, this is better than the time that I used Google Translate to translate lines of poetry into Russian and translating them back into English only to find that they changed to lines about cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Catherine! I can only imagine the look on your face upon seeing that xD

      Delete
  3. "I'm sorry for you
    Since breaking the heart
    But neither is it, as a thing is
    I will not attack you" I love how vaguely threatening that is, oh my. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gray, I know xD
      Like, I'm sorry for you, but I won't attack you. For the moment. lol

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for reading my post here on The Life Of An Elf! I hope you liked it.
I only ask that when you comment, you will be respectful and kind, and not use any rude or vulgar language. These, and spam, will not be tolerated here. Thanks!
~Lacy