Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The Jane Austen Character Quiz!


So hey again my Elflings! I was reading Catherine Hawthorne's blog The Rebelling Muse, and I scrolled down the sidebar and LOOK WHAT I FOUND! CLICKBAIT! Just kidding. I found a Jane Austen Character Quiz! So I took it, of course! And wonder of wonders, I got this:

You are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of ridiculousness. You take a great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in all of them, although you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgment that serves you very ill indeed. 


Related image

...this here girlie... :D

...
...
...

WHITE LIGHT! WHITE LIGHT! Where did that come from?!?!?!? Elizabeth Bennet was almost totally unexpected!!!
Ok, let's take this one part at a time:
I am intelligent, ok, true.

I am witty, yeah, I'd like to think that. :D

Tremendously attractive?
.... *cough* No comment. I'll leave that one to the audience.

Let's see, I have a good head on my shoulders, yes, I suppose I do.

 I oftentimes find myself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of ridiculousness, yeah, I feel like that sometimes...SOMETIMES, nota bene.

I take a great pleasure in many things, yes, so true!

I am proficient in all of them, although I will never own it. That's not one hundred percent true. I am proficient in most of my pastimes, but if you ask me if I play piano well, I'm not gonna lie to you, but I will say that I still have a lot to learn...which is true. There is always more to learn.

Lest I seem too perfect, I have a tendency toward prejudgment that serves me very ill indeed. Lest I seem too perfect, HA! I will admit that sometimes I do jump to conclusions, especially about people who are annoying straight off.
I don't think that I have this problem too bad. But then again, people are ever quick to see their good qualities and overlook (or ignore) their faults.

Luckily for us, there is this prayer from Psalms that says "Cleanse me of my unknown faults". So, today, I want you to thank God for your good qualities and ask Him to help you with your faults. He will, you know. You just have to ask Him, and cooperate.

So, if any of you want to take this quiz, ze link is below! And don't do what I occasionally do: look at the questions and say "Hm, well, what would make it say that I am like *character*?" :P

And so adieu, until the next post. :D


Have you taken this quiz already? Do you plan to? Do you ever "try to get a certain character" on character quizzes? Did you get someone who surprised you?




4 comments:

  1. Haha, I loved reading about your answer Lacy, especially how you broke it down line by line! It was super entertaining!

    To be honest, when I took that quiz, I was totally expecting to get Elizabeth Bennet. Then when I saw my answer as Elinor Dashwood and the description, it actually made more sense. I had no idea my phlegmatic side was that obvious, LOL.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the quiz!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine!
      Oh wow, did you really? That's the only bad thing about taking character quizzes (especially LoTR ones) because I almost ALWAYS "try to get a certain character"!

      P.S. I love reading your blog. :D

      Delete
  2. It’s a pity I’ve only read one Austen novel, because, unfortunately, I only knew who one of the people in the quiz were. XD

    But in the quiz, I got Marianne Dashwood! Maybe I need to read Sense and Sensibility now!

    (@Catherine - does that mean I’m your sister???)

    Great post! I loved how you broke down the analysis of your character. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? I haven't read any Austen novels! BUT I have seen the 2005 Pride and Prejudice and I LOVED it! Mr. Bingley was so...!

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for reading my post here on The Life Of An Elf! I hope you liked it.
I only ask that when you comment, you will be respectful and kind, and not use any rude or vulgar language. These, and spam, will not be tolerated here. Thanks!
~Lacy