Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Happy Fall!

Fall is a wonderful time. It's a time of beauty, cooler weather, Fall Festivals, and the inevitable pumpkin-spice-everything. Speaking of! I heard that they've invented pumpkin spice baloney!!! GROSS! I mean, come on! What next? Stick with the pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes and all that! Just--BALONEY??? No. Just no. Don't.
BUT I have to stay on track. This post isn't just going to be a rant about all the disgusting pumpkin spice oddities people come up with, I promise.

Ah, fall beauty. Em...what am I talking about. Down here in the South we don't really have all of the beautiful (and typical) yellow, red, and orange leaves that the North does. We just get piles and piles of dead brown leaves, and not even in the trees. They're all over the yard. But! We can always search the internet and look at photos of fall color to our hearts' content! :D

Image result for fall aesthetic       


Related image


Related image

...see? :D

 Fall is my favorite time of year, mainly because of Fall Festivals, and partly because it's the time of year that we southerners get anything resembling cooler weather. :P  I love decorating the house for Fall (although we rarely do that). In fact, if I didn't have anything else to do (and if there weren't littles in the house who are perpetually in danger of damaging decor and themselves), I would love to sit down and start crafting up things like these:


Image result for fall decorations ...This for the front porch...

Image result for fall decorations ...this on the door...

Related image ...this in the dining room...

...and so on. I love fall decor! It just feels so home-y and welcoming and warm. :-)

And the Scentsys, too!!! I LOOOOVE lighting up those wonderful fall smells! It's been a while since we've had anything other than "peach passion" in ours, but ohmigosh, going to Wal-Mart and smelling those shelves and SHELVES of "pumpkin spice" (duh), "brown sugar", "caramel cream" and so on and so forth, is just HEAVEN!

Another thing I love about fall is standing outside and just feeling the fall wind. Speaking of the wind...is it just me or does the wind in fall smell different? I don't think it's just me. The fall wind just makes one feel so much more Elven. It's a wonderful feeling. Plus it's easier to imagine that you're starring in a Lord of The Rings-related movie when you stand outside in a cool wind. :D

And how could I finish without a word about fall OUTFITS! Boots and sweaters and scarves and warm colors and OH I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT GETS COOL ENOUGH TO WEAR THAT STUFF! ...I love my boots :D


What's your favorite thing about Fall? Is Fall your favorite time of year? What are some memorable things about Fall to you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading my post here on The Life Of An Elf! I hope you liked it.
I only ask that when you comment, you will be respectful and kind, and not use any rude or vulgar language. These, and spam, will not be tolerated here. Thanks!
~Lacy